One of Sydney’s Leading Chartered Accounting Firms
Economos Chartered Accountants has been delivering a diverse range of business advisory and accounting services since 1978. Over the course of our 35 years + in business, we have demonstrated our ability to provide real solutions that meet our clients’ business and accounting needs. By assisting our clients in the effective management of their finances we help lay the foundations for their ongoing success.
Founded in 1978 as an accounting company catering primarily to the needs of small businesses, Economos has grown to an AFR Top 100 Accounting Firm while remaining true to our guiding ethos – getting the job done for our clients.
From humble beginnings, Economos has grown to be a respected provider of a full range of accounting and financial services. With our two subsidiaries – Economos Mortgage Solutions and Econ Financial Services – we are uniquely placed to deliver a host of services, from accounting to mortgage broking and financial planning.
But while Economos may have grown over the years, our passionate team continues to draw inspiration from our forward-thinking founders. Knowing where we came from helps us to keep delivering the level of service that got us here in the first place.
We believe our clients essentially want one thing: to get things done.
Our job is to create an environment for our clients where they can do what they do best – run their business.
- This may mean that we:
- Return correspondence quickly
- Get compliance done – on time and on budget
- Meet with the client regularly
- Offer the best advice we can;
- Stay abreast of new rules and opportunities
If we can get our job done – the client can get theirs done.
At Economos, we care about the community in which we operate. We support local schools, sports clubs and ethnic communities, and our staff participates in regular blood donations.
Our staff regularly takes part in:
- Clean Up Australia Day;
- Jeans for Genes;
- Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea (for Cancer research)
- Pink Ribbon Day;
We proudly provide financial assistance to:
- SNOG (Sydney Neuro Oncology Group) a founding sponsor and ongoing supporter of the White Pearl Ball;
- Northern Suburbs Basketball Association’s Premier League Referees.
- Sri Lankan Association of NSW
- Local Armenian church and community organisations;
- Local Greek churches and community groups;
We have been gold and platinum sponsors of various golf and charity auction days in aid of:
- Motor Neurone Disease (MND)
- Westmead Childrens Hospital;
- Neuro oncology (Brain Cancer Research)
Economos is also committed to operating our business in an energy efficient manner. To reduce our carbon footprint we have:
- Integrated a new paperless system of document management;
- Installed power savers in all computers.
- Installed light sensors to save electricity when someone is not in room or office;
Culture and Diversity
At Economos, our diversity is one of our greatest assets. Our highly qualified team is comprised of experts from a range of different ethnic backgrounds.
Being staffed by a culturally and generationally diverse team of professionals gives Economos the edge when it comes to relating to clients from all walks of life.
No matter where you come from – professionally or geographically – Economos is likely to have first-hand experience in your business area and a partner who speaks your language – so to speak.
And being an innovative and forward-thinking firm, our diversity also extends to our thinking. At Economos, we hear everyone out. We believe that diversity in ideas leads to better outcomes for our clients.
We are conversant in:
- Tamil (Sri Lanka)